Who is Global Action for Trans* Equality
Global Action for Trans* Equality’s mission is to work internationally on gender identity, gender expression and bodily issues by defending human rights, making available critical knowledge and supporting political organizing worldwide.
We envision a world free of human rights violations based on gender identity, gender expression and bodily diversity, and transformed by the critical inclusion of those historically marginalized on those grounds. We will contribute to build powerful, expert and well-resourced political movements, able to have a meaningful participation in global processes and to transform the landscape of socioeconomic justice worldwide.
GATE is led by our values. We…
- Respect and celebrate all forms of gender identity, gender expression and bodily diversity.
- Promote and defend human rights, struggling to expand their scope to include gender identity, gender expression, and bodily diversity issues.
- Work to dismantle stigma, discrimination and violence based on gender identity, gender expression, and bodily diversity.
- Promote and defend activists’ rights, expertise and wellbeing.
- Believe in the power of political movements to build socio-economic justice and expand opportunities and horizons.
- Advocate to dismantle psycho-medical and legal obstacles to autonomy and self-determination.
- Acknowledge and respect all forms of local, national, regional and international organizing on gender identity, gender expression, and bodily diversity issues.
- Believe in building critical dialogues, coalitions and alliances.
- Base our work on intersectional, decolonial and collective practices.
- Believe in institutional transparency and accountability.